11.20.2012

Winter Magazines


In the mail I saw a few of my patterns have been published.  One I knew about, and one was a surprise.


Crochet Today:
  

Material Girl Stole,
Crochet Today Jan/ Feb 2013
Material Girl Stole,
Crochet Today Jan/ Feb 2013 
Entrelac Tunisian Crochet Stole.  As I have been mentioning, I have fallen in love with entrelac Tunisian crochet.  I love Tunisian crochet, but I do not love having to have a million loops to keep track of on my hook.  Entrelac alleviates that completely.  You only need a hook as long as your block you are working on (instead of as wide as the project). This stole uses 2 stitch patterns, one lace and one textured.  The piece is worked in the bottom corner diagonally up to the opposite corner for a rectangle shape.  The "row" uses the same stitch pattern for each block.  I really like the simple shape of this stole.  I love wearing cowls in the winter, but once I get to wear I am going, I always find cowls bulky.  I love that I can unbutton this stole and wrap it around my shoulders instead and not worry about all the bulk around my neck indoors.  (Mainly because I am a total klutz and always spill things on my cowls.)  With the buttons and length, you can wear this accessory in a number of ways.  I love that the magazine shows 4 ways to wear it.

As for entrelac, no worries if you have not done this technique before.  The magazine asked me to write an article on it and you can get step by step photos on how to attach each block as you crochet.








Crochet!

Split-Neck Tunic,
Crochet! Winter 2012
This tunic I designed over a year and a half ago, and I thought maybe it would stay one of those secret projects I made.  But hey look, it was found!  I designed this for the Sheep(ish) yarn line, and Crochet! picked up the design for their winter issue.  It is a pretty basic tunic (from what i can remember), that has granny squares lining the bottom and neck edge.  The stitch pattern is trebles alternated with single crochet to give a wide stripe look. The fit is close and hugs the body.  I designed this one for me, I'll be honest.  I love the look of floaty tunics with split necks, but they just look like bags on me.  This one hugs curves and I can accentuate my shape well with accessories.  If you don't like such a close shape, consider adding extra stitches after the neckline for a more floating body. (but be sure to do it after the neckline, so that you have a nice fit on your shoulders and back).  Sheep(ish) is a great yarn for this tunic, the shine of the yarn makes the stitch pop even more and make it a cozy winter sweater.  The ravelry link has more photos of the sides and back, if you need them when you crochet.

Split-Neck Tunic,
Crochet! Winter 2012



3 comments:

Melindas Crochet Bits said...

Very pretty! Congrats on getting published!

Anonymous said...

wow it is very nice

Charlie said...

Hi! I saw your tutorial in the magazine and I ran into a problem, so, having read your blog I really hope you can help me!!

Im having problems with the "Tunisian in the round" entralac, now, the 4 squares in the tutorial work really well, but its the next round I obviously get wrong. If you see my blog as Calling Intellegent People post, I made on my blog, I have run into a stumper, and Im sure once someone goes "Well, DUH! do " I will feel like my shoe size is my IQ and be dead happy, but right now, every thing I try doesnt work out.. Can you help???