1.05.2012

Interweave Crochet Winter 2011

Amaryllis Tunic, Interweave Crochet Magazine
Another project that slipped by the blog, is my Amaryllis Tunic in Interweave Crochet Winter 2011 Issue.

This is the project that when finished last year, I said it's either brilliant or awful.  The jury is still out for me.   My vision was a tunic that you wear over leggings and tall boots.

To be honest, this top was made for teenagers in mind specifically.  It is actually sized from pre-teen.  I don't do many teenager fashions, that is probably why I am still waffling on it.  I was thinking a mashup of plaid and flowers.  The empire waist is really high to hit right under your bust (if you are built like a teenager that is, aka, not like me).

It is a blast to crochet though.  The plaid is super fun with little chain spaces built in for your embroidery.  The motifs are easily memorized sc and ch pattern. The yarn is fantastic, Cascade superwash.  I think I have used it at least 10 time since crocheting this sweater.  

You can check out all the pictures over at ravelry, and let me know what you think.  Would your teenager wear it?

2 comments:

DesertHermeneutics said...

The verdict's in! My 12 1/2, 11, and 8-year-old all think this is soooo cute and would definitely wear it with leggings and boots! Super cute!

Unknown said...

Dear Faye:

I have a relatively new blogsite at http://wwwcropperhopper.blogspot.com. I feature
scrapbooking, stamping, crochet, and knitted items. I am
looking for a company that will periodically send me
patterns, yarn, and/or, books to review and give away on my
blog to promote both my blog, the company, and the
individual that made or wrote the item. I look forward to
hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Michelle