2.18.2008

Sneak Preview Weekly

Sneak Preview Weekly: Issue #3



A Cowl With A View



Another booklet project to look at this week. Megan heartily helped me crochet this dreamy sweater. If you were in my class in PA, then you really got to see the sneak "peek" of this sweater. If you can't tell from the picture, I was a sneaky designer and had this sweater crocheted to my size. And I can tell you quite easily that I love the look. I'm not sure if it’s because people in Pittsburgh are friendly, or if crocheters and knitters are generally super nice, or if this sweater is really as great as I think it is; but it got a number of compliments while I wore it at the show. My guess is due to a mix of all of the above. As I told you before, it’s made from granny squares that are joined together as you crochet. It’s a tunic length sweater, and for those my size; it looks fab with a belt at the waist. The cowl I think turned out stunning, and I couldn't be happier with the hypnotic fabric pattern of the grannies. If it takes me years, I am going to convince everyone that granny squares can be SO much more then blankets.



Hope you are having a nice President's Day if you are in the US!

4 comments:

naomi said...

I was lucky enough to be in Robyn's class and see her amazing work. The book is going to be fab !

Tiffy McN said...

I like this one a lot - so pretty and feminine.

Ellen Bloom said...

I've always said that "Granny Squares are the building blocks to fashion!"

Kelly said...

I like what I see so far.