12.06.2011

Simply Crochet's Countdown to Fun: Emma Lace Scarf

The Emma Lace Scarf is one of the projects in the book I fell in love with before it was even finished. It is one of those scarves that you can really bundle into. Plus it is a great project if you really want to challenge your crochet chops. There is no dc row after row here, it is all unique and lovely from start to finish.


But that's Simona Merchant-dest. I am sure she has been on your crochet and knitting radar, but if she hasn't let me sing her praises for a moment. She makes fashion forward yarn projects that you can really wear and love. Every design she proposed for the book was great, it was hard to just pick 2 from her proposal. You can see some of her crochet work over at Interweave. If garments are still too scary for you, Simona does accessories too. My favorite of hers is the Hialeah Bag from Interweave Crochet. The use of color with the simple motif was just stunning for me. I know she is going to wow us again soon, so keep her blog bookmarked!

No comments: