2.11.2010

Busy Busy Crocheter


Well, as you may have guessed, I hopped from finishing the book straight into magazine work again. I swear, keeping busy really does help me stay focused and get things done. Plus, I have not worried one bit about the book, say how's the technical editing going or how the photography came out*. Nope, total peace, since my brain is all focused on my next project and CJ.

The next project is for a summer crochet magazine. You can see the sneak peek to the side here. It is a short sleeved top with black touches. It is very classic in style. Once it was done, I wished I made the scoop neck lower, but oh well. The yarn is a sock yarn, so I knew that I wanted a really lacy pattern. There was no way I was going to finish it this century if it was a solid or textured pattern in sock weight. The pattern looks a lot like lattice, which you can see a hint of here.

Next up on the docket?
Where do I start?
I have patterns that I want to get up on the CBF line, organization for the next CGOA Professional Development Day (its in July this year), 2 projects for Inside Crochet, 1 project for Interweave Crochet, a vest I have wanted to crochet CJ since she was just a tiny peanut (and then release as a CBF pattern), and some swatching for Marly (she is the next creative voice behind Bijou Basin Yarns).
So only a little bit of work.
My eyes have been bigger then CJ's naps lately. Now that I am feeling much like my old self again, I find it hard not to want to try to do every project that I have accepted or dream up. My timeline to get a project finished has greatly increased, but my brain does not always remember that. Take this project. I was a week late in getting the sample crocheted. Not because anyone was overly sick or anything, just because I forget that my time is spent doing other things now. You would think that after nearly 5 months (this Wednesday) I would have gotten that down. Oh no. Still trying to squeeze out time to answer emails and check ravelry. But haven't found that time yet.

Speaking of time, I think (fingers crossed) that I have 30 mins of nap time left, so I am off to crochet one of those projects up there.

Happy Crocheting, Everyone!


*In case you didn't know, I actually do not get to see the photography for quite a while. Different publishers have different policies, but for Interweave I am not at the shoot or have anything to do with it. Many bawk at this, but I look at it this way. They are responsible for producing and selling the book, so to them they want to take the best photos possible. And they really do.

No comments: