7.22.2008

24 hr Sprint

We pulled back into town last night at 7:30pm, my flight today departs at 7:25pm. For once, I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm in a crazy 24 hr sprint today.

Step 1: (Last night) Unload bags from car, carry suitcase to washer immediately and dump entire contents in.
Step 2: Grab mail from exploding mail box and quickly water plants (vain attempt to starve them off from dying till next week)
Step 3: Eat Dinner and Chill, while percolating packing list for tomorrow. Give up on percolating- start new sock. Throw laundry in dryer and head to bed
Step 4: Wake up way too early, with mind swimming in things to remember. Try to write down as much as possible, and fall back to sleep. Give up on sleeping and fold laundry, while trying to figure out which dress I want to pack. Give up and pack both.
Step 5: Still have too many things whirling in brain, decide to pack suitcase to cross one item off of list. Packing lightly too hard, give up and pack 2 suitcases (grumble at silly 25$ extra bag fee).
Step 6: Try to make coffee to "settle down", *check email while brewing, remember 2 other things you have to pack, jump up and grab those; rep from * till exhausted.
Step 7: Decide to try to chill out again, and try your hand at napping. Give up and take Faye for walk. Can't find sneakers, so just a short walk in your flip flops.
Step 8: Bump into neighbor outside, while you are babbling about even more things you forgot to pack- he gives you the funny look.
Step 9: Check into airline and hotel online. Print boarding passes and maps of area. Google hotel and coffee- do a victory cheer- since many coffee shops near hotel. Print out a map. Print out many maps of area- loving Google streetview. Totally get lost in google street view, then remember to print out class materials. Print out class handout- decide to review on plane. Print out demo notes- remember to pack demo materials.
Step 10: Feeling pretty proud to be so far ahead at noon, make lunch and write up blog post; while Faye cries at you b/c she wants to play.

So that's where I'm at today. I can't really keep myself focused to do much, so I'm packing it in and hanging outside with Faye till I have to leave to catch the plane.

If you will be in Manchester for CGOA's convention, I'd love to say hi and hang out. Below is where I should be each day:
Wednesday, July 23: PDD - teaching after lunch on "How you can join the In Crowd"
Thursday: Taking morning class, Going to Market Preview
Friday: 3:30-4:30 - Demo and Giveaway for Knit and Crochet Today; Fashion Show at 1pm
Saturday: 3:30- 4:30- Demo and Giveaway for Knit and Crochet Today; Fashion Show and dinner at night.

Hope to see you there, when hopefully I won't be as scattered.

1 comment:

Crafty Bookworm said...

I live in Manchester and I can't believe that CGOA is here again. I'm very excited and I hope to see you there! Let me know if you need restaurant recommendations!