4.08.2008

Spring has sprung

Spring has finally sprung here for us. Baldy is out and proud (that pic is from last year, but still cracks me up). And gets me all excited for spring crocheting. Have you noticed the great spring issues out?


Interweave Crochet has a beautiful issue out now. My favorites are Doris Chan's China Doll Top and Kathy Merrick's Kathryn Dress. I love the diagonal closure seam on the China Doll Top, Doris is just brilliant have added that. The little baby dress is just plain adorable. Kristin Omdahl has a super creative blanket that uses finger crocheting to seam it. I think that would be a really fun project to do with kids. Lastly, there is an excerpt from Crochet Me that features Amy O'Neill Houck's Babydoll Dress and Bio. The bio is really great and totally gets at the feel of the book (and you get to know Amy more, which I also love).

Crochet Today also has a lovely spring issue that just came out too. My favorites in this one is the Mesh Cover-up and the little girl's Swingy Sundress. Both projects are really cute and look fun to wear. I haven't gotten my copy yet, but I hear from the grapevine that there is a great interview with one of my crocheting buddies, Drew Emborsky. I personally can't wait to read his interview and hear all about his new book and future plans.

No comments: