Do you struggle with knowing how to substitute yarns in a crochet pattern when you can't find the exact same yarn listed? Yarn substitution can be confusing, but I am here to help you understand what you need to know to make the best choices for your next project.
Come join me as I unlock the mystery of yarn substitution. Learn how to choose the best yarn for any project—garments, home decor items, bags and more. Discover how to decipher yarn labels to find the fiber content, yardage and weight, and discover which of these attributes is the most important. You'll see which yarns drape well, which are light and cool, and which are durable. And, you'll learn which versatile yarn has the same qualities as either wool or cotton!
In this video class you'll learn how to:
- Recognize the 3 families of yarn: plant, animal and acrylic.
- Know when to substitute between yarn families, and when not to.
- Determine which yarns drape the best for garments.
- Tell which yarns are more durable and long-lasting.
- Select a yarn that showcases the stitch pattern.
- Choose yarns to avoid wool allergies.
- Work a beautiful lattice stitch pattern.
- Make 3 exclusive crochet patterns: Light & Lacy Purse, Lattice Stitch Pillow and Raspberry Cowl.
Along the way, I will be sharing a number of other random crochet finishing tips. We talk about making sturdy buttonholes, strong seams, lining purses, and more.
My goal for the class is to make you into a confident crocheter that knows how substituting yarns can be fun and make your projects amazing.
Hope you enjoy!