12.03.2011

Simply Crochet's Countdown to Fun: Billows of Baubles

Our next stop is the first Tunisian project in the book. We have quite the few inside. I really love exploring the wide world of Tunisian, and when you are on a budget it is a great technique to try out.


Sheryl Means brings us our next project, Billows of Baubles scarf. It is a Tunisian scarf project that plays with the stitches and yarn. The yarn is this neat wool steel, yes, steel blend. You can literally form it to any position you want. Very Cool.

Sheryl is a crochet artist and yarn store owner. Her store, Yarntopia , in Katy, TX is exactly what you want your local store to be. Friendly, inviting, knowledgeable, and fun. Definitely worth stopping by if you are visiting Houston! (and there is a pizza joint a few doors down for those who aren't into yarn. Mr CBF had no problem hanging out there while Sheryl and I had fun a few years ago)

2 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

Very cool. I actually have some wool steel sitting in my stash that's been there for about a year because I wasn't quite sure how to use it or what I wanted to do with it. Hm.

Tink's Tinkerings said...

simple yet classy. Tink