12.08.2011

Simply Crochet's Countdown to Fun: Neck Lattice

Our stop today is the first project that I actually have in my own WIP pile. I started it the moment I got the pattern. One to figure out how to draw the diagram, and two because I loved it. It is an incredibly lightweight Tunisian shawl that has the edging crocheted on as you crochet.


Vashti Braha is the clever crochet scientist who came up with this project. It mixes traditional Tunisian crochet with the freedom of crochet. She is always teaching me something every time we see each other. Literally. At one party we were at we sat in a corner and she taught me how to crochet two sides of a fabric at once. It was really wild, and easy all at the same time. But she does that, makes really cool techniques look really simple.

Vashti's website is packed with patterns just like that. If you are like me and are always looking for ways to be inspired and challenged, her patterns do that. Like her Aero Tunisian Filet Lace wrap. Did you know that Tunisian crochet can do Filet crochet? Not me. Told you, she is like a mad (in the best way) crochet scientist. I get so excited every time I see a new project of hers on my flickr roll, I just know I will be inspired again. Go check it out for yourself.

2 comments:

Vashti Braha said...

Robyn, I had to read your delightful post to my husband this morning :-) I really enjoyed the experience of being a part of your book.

I finally got my own blog post tweaked into pretty good shape today. Sometimes a lot of photos still can make Blogger twitchy.

CrochetBlogger said...

I love the term "crochet scientist"!