7.25.2011

New Product Weekly: Sewing in a Straight Line

Today I have the pleasure of bringing you Brett Bara's new book, Sewing in a Straight Line.


I will say that I have been quite excited for Brett's book. Sewing is a craft I love, but am just not the best at. I always say, "I am ok. I can sew in a straight line. Most of the time". I have made at least one probably everything you can imagine. I'm done one quilt, one skirt, one baby cardigan, one cloth diaper and on and on. I would love to say it is because I am so busy; but really I like to tackle a new project and then move on.

This is why I am so excited for Brett's new book. I now have a ton more projects that I know I can tackle since they all just use a straight line and nothing too fancy.

My hands down favorite in the book, are these lovely bowls. And LOOK! Brett even made a video demo on how to make them. How perfect is that?


Sewing in a Straight Line by Brett Bara – How to Sew a Round Bowl with Straight Lines Only from Rarebit Productions on Vimeo.


A few other projects that caught my eye are the belt and baby quilt. They
look like projects I can tackle and be very proud of finishing. In all there are 26 projects in the book. 16 home, 10 fashion. Each one has great photos of the finish piece, tips on making the project, and illustrations to describe the more complex ideas.

Make sure you stop on by Brett's blog for more videos and a huge giveaway. She is giving away a Singer sewing machine and serger. Winning that prize is like winning the motherload! Make sure you enter!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I WANT this book!