2.21.2010

Sunday Inspiration

While holding CJ while she eats a spoon that I am unloading from the dishwasher early this morning, my mind floated to crochet. As it does while I do pretty much anything like cleaning, showering, wiping away boogers, really anything mindless.

Lately, my brain has been firing on all cylinders with new projects I have in mind. This can be very fun and frustrating all at once. Fun that my creativity is going bonkers and my hands are itching to get moving, and frustrating since my time is about half of what it once was (and even then I always had eyes bigger then actual hours in the day).

I cracked up laughing this morning, while I was surfing for a present for a friend's new baby, because crochet was jumping out at me left and right! Here's a few that caught my eye...

Crocheted Vest at Baby Gap- this is last season's line I believe. I think I saw it in the store while I was pregnant, but I still think it is cute. And for CJ, I love vests. Not only is the layered look cute, but we don't have a fight over getting our hands through the long sleeves. (If you are interested I noticed it was super cheap at only 10$, just saying...)

Crocheted Dress at Gymboree- This cap sleeved dress I think is adorable for spring. Surprisingly for me, I actually dress CJ in dresses almost every day. Since she is a drool machine right now, I use them like big bibs/ burp clothes. When she has drooled all over it for the day, I just switch it out for a new one. She looks cute all the time, and I don't have to go running for a burp cloth ever five minutes. And if you think about it, crocheted cotton make the best washclothes. I can see a whole line of washable tunic dresses in my future. See creativity just can't stay still for a moment.

Speaking of Gymboree they had a bunch of crocheted cardigans, hats, dresses, and tops trimmed in crochet too. I know some crocheters are relucant to dress their kids in crochet that they have themselves not stitched. But think about the great topic of conversation. If an adimer says, "I love that dress, did you crochet it?" You can say, "no, but I am learning how would you like to join me in learning how to crochet?" Or "No, but I do crochet and I am working on this cute project, would you like to see it?" Just saying...

Well, speaking of babies; it is time for me to give CJ some lunch, which means I am sure I will be dreaming about more new projects...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That little dress is so sweet!