4.15.2009

Good News Revealed

I know you were all wondering what I was going on about last week with my marathon of crochet outfits for good luck and mystery weekend project.

Well, now that the contract is all signed, I can spill the beans. (well, some of the beans)

I'm officially working on a new crochet book with Interweave Press.

Woohoo! I am very excited. I adored writing Blueprint Crochet and Mission Falls Goes Crochet, and I can't wait to jump right in again. I really had no idea last time, if I would enjoy the process, but I totally loved it. I'll be honest there are parts I am not a fan of, but those by far are nothing compared to the joy of writing. So I am beaming and charged and ready to go.

The surprise part of last week, was that I had told my editor I would send her a proposal for this book in December. And you all know now, what happened with the first couple months of the year. So 2 weeks ago when I was finally feeling strong, I started the proposal. I got the table of contents done, and half of the sketches and swatches; and decided to contact my editor. (You know, just to be sure that she was still interested, seeing that I was like 5 months late. Meaning this book was originally a Spring 2010 book and now it is slated for Fall/Winter 2010.) Her response floored me. She said they were definitely interested and if I could get them the proposal by Monday (this was Friday) she could pitch it last week to the company. Needless to say, I got my butt in high gear, and banged the rest of the proposal out; and overnighted it.

Well, I'd say the pitch went well! Within a week, they accepted the book, we dealt with contract stuff, and I signed the contract (it's in the mail today). Crazy!

Just like last time, I'll be blogging my process as I go. It will be a bit longer then the last few. I have until the end of the year to turn in the manuscript, so I am going to try to use my time as wisely as I can with CJ joining the staff in September. I see the summer being all pattern writing and the fall being all crochet time. Just like last time, I am keeping the book name and concept a secret (a girl has to have some, right?); but I'll be sharing sneak previews, swatches (some of the ones here were in my proposal), and my ups and downs along the way.

Can't wait to get moving! Off to ask some lovely yarn companies to donate yarn for the book.

19 comments:

Knit Purl Gurl said...

That's so exciting! Congrats!

Tara said...

Yay! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That's terrific. I can't wait to hear more about the theme/concept.

MBT said...

So exciting! Congratulations!!

Jessica said...

Congratulations to you!

June (planetjune) said...

Congrats - that's wonderful news!

Lauria said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Courtney said...

Yahoo! You know that I am excited for you...

Anonymous said...

SO COOL!

Lisa said...

hooray! i hope they sell it in ukraine! (altough i'll pre-order it from amazon again anyway)

Annie said...

Yay!!

Mercedes/Kitchen Sink Dyeworks said...

Congratulations! I loved Blue Print Crochet, and look forward to your next book. If you need any handpainted yarns, let me know!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You are more prolific than I am and even though I'm an artist I have yet to get creative..

I only make chemo caps.. about 4 or more a week. At first I was making one a day but I've learned to pace myself!

Noreen Crone-Findlay said...

Congratulations! Doing the happy dance for you! wheeeeeeeeeee!

Mary Sarah said...

WhooHoo! Congratulations! I love seeing your progess along the way. It'll be great!

Norah said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Vashti Braha said...

I'm so happy and excited for you Robyn!!

Anonymous said...

yay! that's exciting... so it'll be like having 2 babies this year (heh, i always think putting a book out is like having a baby)

Bunnisteffi said...

Congrats!

I've just read your first Interweave book and decided to hop over to take a peep. It's cool that there'll be another coming up. Hurrah. ^^