12.17.2007

Handmade Holidays Chachula Style


On the first day of Christmas my totally awesome Aunt and Uncle gave to me....
Originally uploaded by rchach.

On the first day of Christmas my totally awesome Aunt and Uncle gave to me....

We outdid ourselves this year. Every year I come up with a theme for our 17 neices and nephew's gifts. It keeps me focused, and even though that sounds challenging, its so much easier with a narrower focus. This year being the handmade holidays and all, we re-wrote the classic "12 days of Christmas"; Chachula style.

So not to give away too much, since my family does like to see what we are up to, my neices and nephews are getting "The chachula 12 days of Christmas with a bonus gift of one night of Hanukkah". Needless to say I can't wait for them to get these, so I can share what we filled in ea bag/ tin/ box. (You can see some in the flickr notes when you click on the picture). Each day is filled with something special to cheer, to make them laugh, or to keep them warm; and all made from our crafty resources. Our theme was Sweet.

Feel free to steal the idea, too! Not only are these handmade, but it shows your giftee that you care about them and that you have a sense of humour. And best part is that they are quick to do! We thought of all sorts of themes for these. Like the Cincinnati themed one- with lets say a 2 gals of Graeter's Ice Cream, 4 pack of Skyline Chili, 6oz of Goetta, 8 oz of Montgomery Inn Sauce, 10 Buckeyes... you get the idea. Or a Crafty theme with 12 buttons, 11 beads, 10 balls of yarn, 9 ribbons, 8 hooks, 7 sewing threads, 6 yds of fabric, 5 glue gun sticks, 4 fabric paints, 3 needles, 2 pattern books, and a tape measure. Or even the "just moved" one with 12 rolls of TP, 11 rolls of Paper Towels, 10 lightbulbs, 9 trash bags, 8 tupperware, 7 new spices, 6 cleaning supplies, 5 curtains, 4 bottles of water, 3 dishwashing soap bottles, 2 trash bins, 1 big gift certificate to the local hardware store. I hope you are enjoying your handmade holidays as much as we are!

3 comments:

juliloquy said...

Awesome doesn't even come close to describing you two. We're only on day 2 - late start - but it's great stuff! (Glad I "have" to eat Joni's portion for her.)

Can't wait to see you!

Courtney said...

We are having so much fun too! Thanks for such an awesome treat!

Deanna Barrett said...

I love the cincinnati theme idea. Graeter's ice cream is the best! My fav. is coconut chip or black raspberry chip.