9.01.2007

Interweave Crochet Fall 2007

Sing it with me now....



"I'm on the cover, I'm on the COVER, I'M ON THE COVER" Eeeeeee!








Ok I'll stop, even Faye is putting her paws over her ears. I'm just so excited. Its my first cover for a magazine. But more special to me, Interweave Crochet and Interweave Knits are the magazines that I would pick up and dream about being in before I started designing. They were my favorite and still are, so its quite special to me to be the cover!








Rosemary, the sweater, was a really fun project for me. Even from the beginning, when Kim and I were picking out colors from Louet's amazing colors, this project was such a blast. I used a really simple stitch and clean lines. It was a no brainer kind of crocheting, and I adored making it. It was pure joy. Then I got to do fun experiments with the fabric and SOAK wash. Watching it become super relaxed.



One day this fall, after the book is all turned in, and before any other deadlines start to loom, I really can see myself making one for me. Maybe in Green Apple or Lime Smoothie or Orange Berry. Who am I kidding, I'm going to have to close my eyes and pick- b/c all their colors would look great. I can see me wearing it a lot, varying the look with different camis (or no camis) underneath. Big belts, small belts, high waisted belts and low hip belts. I hope you enjoy it as well.



But besides Rosemary, there are quite a few other fun projects. Like Even Howard's Car Coat, Doris Chan's Lacy Tunic, and Annette Petavy's Cute Kid Sweater. So now we just have to wait a few weeks till we get our copies and see what other goodies they have inside for us!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! Congratulations to you! With your talent, it was only a matter of time before you would get a cover! I got a cover Dec 06 of Crochet Today and I screamed so loud I scared the kids! Congratulations, make sure you show it to everyone you know, bring your copy to dinner parties, etc. Also, it's a beautiful, wearable sweater. Congratulations!

Gina said...

Oh boy! I was looking at the Interweave Crochet website just last night and thought the sweater was the best project in there. I can actually see myself wearing one. Beautiful job! I can not wait to get my copy.

Ginny said...

WooHoo Robyn! Congrats! Book cover and IC cover in the same month! Can't wait to get my hands on this new IC.

Norah said...

Congratulations, Robyn! That's an absolutely gorgeous sweater. Can't wait to get my copy in the mail.

Courtney said...

You are a superstar! I'm so proud of you!

Pam said...

Congrats on getting the COVER!

Kellycat said...

Congrats!!! Of course I would have placed a bet on it with all of the sneak peeks. I can't wait to get mine NOW! Can you tell them to rush my copy since you know them?? Please, huh, Please???

Truly you must be proud! Heck I'm proud of ya~

Norah said...

Woohoo, I'm so excited, I got my copy today!!! Your top is gorgeous and I want to make it, along with about 4 other things in there.

Jenni-Raie said...

i was wondering about that sweater - what would it look like on someone with bigger bust size? i'm a 38C and i don't think that the model is.

congrats on making cover!

Robyn said...

Jenni- Rae,
I definitely think this would look good on us well endowed women. I actually designed it for us in mind. Even Suzie was bigger then the actual model. http://www.flickr.com/photos/crochetbyfaye/475866222/in/set-72057594092925811/
I hope you will give it a try. All the best- Robyn