8.06.2007

Sneak Preview- Linen Style


Maureen sneak
Originally uploaded by
rchach.

More linen to show off this gloomy Monday morning.

Linen has got to be one of my favorites to play with lately. I just think its the coolest thing ever that you can just toss it in the washer and dryer, and instead of it getting all mangled, its gets softer and softer.

I used that idea to my advantage in this top. The linen is super sturdy while you are crocheting it, which really helps keep your tension and helps you make pretty stitches. Then you get to toss it in the dryer a couple of times, and it morphs into a style with tons of movement.

My other fav about this top is the colors. As you must have guessed by now, most of my stuff doesn't include color work. I tend to go ga-ga over the stitches and don't think about color. Well, not here. I needed that extra bit of wow, and I think I achieved that pretty well. I have to force myself to do it more often.

I got help from the lovely Chelle in crocheting most of the top. Which was quite the gift, b/c I got to play with some of the edging myself- which I love to do. Hope you all have a great week!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love to try crocheting with linen! Do you think it suitable for a more fitted garment, say a jacket or slightly fitted cardigan?

Cathy

Robyn said...

Well, actually no. Linen drapes like silk once its washed. I would think a wool with a nice twist would be better for a cardigan. Linen that's washed is nice for drapy things, like shawls and skirts and tunic. But that's just my opinion. Oh- but if you don't wash it- it would be really sturdy. So it would work then.

Unknown said...

Thanks Robyn!

Amie said...

I love those three shades of blue together. It's my favorite color palette. I wear it often enough. What brand of linen yarn is it? I've been meaning to try it.

Robyn said...

Louet Euroflax

Robyn said...

and thanks! Louet has a great line of colors

Deneen said...

Oooh, I love that one!