2.08.2007

The Walker Treasury Project


The Cloisters
Originally uploaded by
nepheleb.

Have you see the Walker Treasury Project?

I think its fabulous. They are cataloging the swatches they knit from Barbara Walker's Knitting Stitch Guides, because a lot of the pictures are in black and white. So by taking color photos of their swatch and sharing more people can experience the stitches too and maybe get extra inspired.

Fantastic!

Which makes me think we, crocheters, could do this too. When I want to get inspired, I turn to Jean Leinhauser, the queen of crochet. I usually turn to her 101 Stitches for Afghans, and within minutes, I'll have a ton of new ideas which branch out to new crochet projects. I will have to catalog my swatches better in the future so you can see if I made up the pattern or if its from a stitch guide.

No comments: