12.17.2006

Rent Inspiration

Last Night, my love and I went on a date downtown to see the traveling performance of RENT. Downtown was quite magical, with happy people ice skating, taking carriage rides, and enjoying the wonderful winter night. I could just sense the moment I stepped from the car, I was going to be highly inspired. And I was not wrong.




This number is one of the designs that came to me. Its a mix of this wonderful afghan that one of the actors was wearing in the production, my new favorite belt, and a classic kimono this lovely older woman was wearing. The blanket is the typical chevron style, but the colors are gorgeous. Mix of greens, limes, golds, and yellows. The kimono has no closure other then the belt. I see it with a mixture of fibers, like a smoky mohair, with a luscious cashmere, and a study merino.




What a night! Hope you all had a great night too.

3 comments:

Amie said...

Oh, that's super cool. LOVE IT!

Pam said...

Fantastic!

Sheila said...

The rent inspiration looks good.. my daughter loves the movie rent or is it the play... whichever.. I know it was on cable not too long ago.. and she came prancing into the bedroom singing... oh mom I love Rent...