5.05.2011

Book 5 Revealed

So about a week ago, Amazon listed the book I am currently writing! Usually they are listed on Amazon when I have finished writing and we are in some form of editing. Not this time!


So since the secret is out....

Here's what I have been working on feverishly the last few months....


It is part encyclopedia, part stitch dictionary, part crochet anthology. Basically I tried to touch on every form of crochet I could think of, and I am sure I missed one or two. But besides touching on them, I tried to highlight what makes them unique and special. There are 350 stitch patterns from around the world in the book. I pulled techniques from Japan, Belgium, France, and Russia. I dive into patterns from today and from Victorian times. Some will be really familiar and some will be totally new. I included all my favorites, so there are lots of motifs and lace. You'll find cables, edgings, and Tunisian as well.

I am down to the every last chapter, meaning just 25 patterns left. I need to get them turned in by Saturday. Why? Because I need to hop back on the other book I am writing and get that finished and turned in 2 weeks from today. (meaning I have 5 projects there left to write, plus around 30 diagrams to draw.)

I can't wait till June when I will be able to breath. More on both books soon, well when I can think straight. It has been a lot of late nights (and I mean A LOT).

9 comments:

PoetessWug said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations!!...If you don't mind me asking, what will be the price of the book?!

Says Bianca said...

This sounds very interesting. I do have a question, will this book contain symbol patterns of the work? I crochet with charts. I don't take well to the written instructions. I prefer the visual aid of the design drawn out in symbols, so I look for crochet books that contain those. Thanks.

Robyn said...

Both good questions!

Bianca- yes on diagrams. I do not publish any pattern without them.

PoetessWug- no idea- sorry! I have nothing to do with the price. Maybe it is listed on Amazon?

Cami said...

I love that motif! Can't wait for the book. :)

crazymotheringchick said...

Oh, goodness, can't wait to get this book. Heck, I wish I had it now, while I'm searching for a way to make the tablecloth I have in mind........

CrochetBlogger said...

Wow - what a lot of work you've got on your plate right now. It sounds like a lot of fun though! Great job.

Misty said...

This sounds like it will be a fantastic book! Congratulations on being so in demand! I will be sure to add it to my wish list--it sounds perfect for my crochet library.

Unknown said...

YOWZA 256 pages! I'm speechless.

Annie said...

This sounds pretty darned exciting - I can't wait!