2.06.2011

Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival

Next weekend kicks off the 7th annual Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival. It's a 3 day event that includes great yarn and notion shopping, knit and crochet classes, book signings, and fashion shows. There is something for everyone at the festival whether you are looking for a gift for a special stitcher to looking how to do a new technique.

I will be teaching 3 classes.

Crochet Jewelry- where we talk about how crochet can be the star in your jewelry making really cool motifs. We talk about a number of different beading techniques and how to play with other materials from wire to plastic thread. Friday 2-5pm

Baby Crochet 101- a class to learn about how to design. We will focus on kids, but the material can easily be used for adult clothes too. Saturday 9-12pm

Crochet Like a Pro- this is a tips and tricks class where I taught about my favorite stitches, blocking methods, and more.

I will also be doing 2 book signings. One on Friday night at 8:30 and another on Saturday afternoon at 5pm. I believe the Saturday classes are nearly full so if you are interested I would sign up soon. Saturday 1:30-4:30pm

If you can't make it, I will also be teaching in Dallas, TX in April at the DFW Fiber Fest. Come say hi to me there!

2 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

Sounds like a fun busy weekend! Have a great time.

crazymotheringchick said...

Wish I could be there.