11.01.2010

Countdown to Baby Blueprint: Stella Jacket and cover

Did you know that we are only 1 month until shipping of Baby Blueprint Crochet?

You know what that means? Countdown!

I'm going to be showing you one project at a time from the book and promos all this month.

So to kick it off, let's talk about the cover. Did you notice that the cover has changed in the last month? The old one has "baby" in aqua, the new one has "baby" in white. They are equally as cute to me, so I don't mind in the slightest. I just thought it was funny.

The project they picked for the cover is my idea of a "fancy jacket". I wanted a jacket that a little girl could wear on special occasions that was still stylish and washable. The idea all came from the frog closures. I loved them on the Szechuan Sweater so much, I wanted to do one for the book too. The stitch pattern is actually quite a simple 3 stitch repeat, which makes crocheting the jacket very fast.

The yarn is Designer Sport by Coats and Clark, so you will have tons of great colors to choose from for your own jacket.

3 comments:

crazymotheringchick said...

Oh, that jacket looks adorable. So sweet. The book looks great.

Vera Amos said...

Wow, just in time for Christmas then? Looks fab. Nicky x

Three Rivers said...

I like the action shot more for the cover. Can't wait for it to come out!