11.02.2007

Have you been in lately?

Have you visited Anthropologie lately?


I usually try not to visit more then once a month, since every time I go I seem to spend forever there. Its like a inspiration mecca there. From fabrics, to colors, to style- I get so jazzed up.


Well, after lunch today. I decided to drop in to pick up a hook (I love their home line too). And bumped into more crochet. Got to love that!


This Cardigan which online didn't impress me at all, in person is just so lovely. The stitch work is beautiful (just check out the back), and the angora makes it heavenly soft. I was impressed.
There was also this great crocheted bowl, which I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of since I can't find it on the website. It was one of those things that I saw and almost wondered how they came up with it. See, this bowl was a exaggerated doily that was then dipped in a stiffening solution and dried over another bowl. Why do I know all this? Because I sketched and swatched that very idea in one of my magazine proposals. Too funny. How wild that some Anthropologie designer and I had the same idea. Neat.
Ok, I'm off to ogle some more.

7 comments:

Diane said...

I am a HUGE Anthropologie fan. I also visit the sites often (probably every other day) to get inspiration. I am currently working on a "special project" that was inspired by a sweater from Anthropologie.

Amy O'Neill Houck said...

I love anthropologie too--we should totally go together sometime! (You know I've never bought anything there, tho! It's inspiration only for me!)

Robyn said...

you name the time, Amy! We could get lost in there for hours, chatting away about colors and texture.

I allow myself to buy one garment a year. Its my special splurge to myself.

Betsy said...

Robyn,
I made a crocheted bowl just like you're talking about, the pattern was in Crochet Today sometime last year.

SAM said...

When I saw the Anthropologie group on Ravelry I knew I had to join - their stuff is amazing. I love whole look and their merchandising is awesome. I collect the catalogs and tear out my favorites for future inspiration. Their clothes make me wish i was 20 years younger so I could pull them off w/o looking like one of those women who can't grow up.

Kim Werker said...

Megan and I went to Anthropologie in Portland a couple of weeks ago, and were both disappointed. It was sort of like they went overboard in some way I can't put my finger on. We were both blech about all the penguins, too. That said, it was the only time I've ever been disappointed, and I can't wait to go back in a few months (hopefully). I hear a rumour they're coming to Vancouver, too!

Robyn said...

that's interesting, Kim. Mine didn't have a abundance of penquins. Wonder why. I like my store, its run by this gang of college kids, that crack me up every time I am in. heck I would have loved to work there too when I was in college. but the best one I have been in was in NYC. That one was two stories.