7.16.2007

Embellishment- good

Ok, so I usually don't like crochet embellishments to clothes. I'm not sure why, but I can only thing of a handful that I really was turned on to. Maybe I'm a purist- who knows.






What I do know is that I love this tunic.






Its by Temperley London at Net-A-Porter. The crochet shells bell out the sleeves and bottom. Making the plain top very fancy. I like how they almost look like scales or shells. Plus the trim is one of my favorite stitch repeats. I'm using it in a blanket right now, and never thought of it for clothes. I love when designers inspire me to look at stitches I know so well, and give them a new light. I'm also partial to semi-circles in general, but you all already knew that. Best part as always- you can totally make this look yourself. Very cool.

No comments: