11.16.2006

Beer Bracelet

With the fall season in full swing here in Cincinnati, and a holiday full of football quickly approaching, I thought I would share with you my little recipe for my beer bracelet. Or some may call it my wrist warmer. Or others my coffee cozy.





Anyway you slice it, it keeps me happy and my hands either not frozen to my beer bottle or burnt off by my coffee. (PS. makes a great quick gift for your favorite football watchers coming to your house for the holiday. ;) )


Ingredients:
-Some scrap amounts (less then 50 yds) of Summit Hill by Kraemer Yarn Shop, 100% Merino Superwash wool, Worsted weight, Machine Washable (most important factor! you'll hate if you have to wash any of these by hand)
-H (5.00mm) hook
-2 (3/4") buttons
-needle to weave in ends.


Recipe:
CH 33
Row 1 (public side): Linked TR in 2nd, 3rd, and 5th ch from hook, Linked TR in each remaining ch across, CH 1, turn
{ Not sure what Linked TR is? Look at this pic, this pic, this pic, and this pic for help, Basically you insert your hook in to the previous stitch's horizontal bar then yarn over (its like crossing Tunisian crochet with regular crochet) still confused? then check out CrochetMe's winter issue where I have a tutorial on the stitch)
Row 2 (beer side): SC in first 2 TR, Ch 3, sk 3 TR, (button hole made) SC in ea remaining TR, CH 4, turn
Row 3: Linked TR in each SC across to button hole, 3 Linked TR in button hole, Linked TR in last 2 SC, CH 1, turn

Repeat row 2-3 once more, Fasten off, weave in ends.

(optional) With public side facing, join yarn and SL around entire bracelet. I do this just to give it a crisp finished look.
Add buttons as shown here to the opposite side from the button holes aligned with the SC rows.
Slip on and enjoy.

7 comments:

Vashti Braha said...

FINALLY :-)
I'm loving the linked TR. You know, there aren't many coffee cozies on the 'net--I just did a search yesterday--and even FEWER are CROCHETED. And maybe no other in the WHOLE WORLD has linked TR!
You so rock!

Unknown said...

You may it OH-so-convenient to slip it from bottle, to wrist, to hangover coffee!! Love it!

Robyn said...

Thanks both of you! I love this bracelet, and wear it all the time. The key to it is neat buttons.

CopperScaleDragon said...

I have been crocheting for many years and this is the first time I have done a linked stitch! Thanks for pattern, it is really cool, but more than that, thanks for giving me a new tool with this stitch!!!

Also, I love the motif you use as your avatar on the page. Is there a pattern for the dark blue one? The pinwheel, that is. I would love to know how that was constructed.
Jane

Holly Bee said...

That may be the smartest habit hiding useful tool I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

great one! I just made it, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

http://momphotographer.wordpress.com/2011/06/20/crochet-bracelet-discovering-my-hidden-talents/

thank you for sharing.

jamesfo8376 said...

I’d should verify with you here. Which is not something I often do! I enjoy studying a put up that will make people think. Also, thanks for permitting me to comment! slots for real money