5.11.2006

One Skein Get to Know You....

In my secret skein swap, they ask for you to answer some basic questions.

Here's my response:

1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
Hmm, like my personality? Well then I'd say I'm like Knit Picks Ambrosia (its a alpaca/ cashmere blend). I think of myself as down to earth like the alpaca, but a have a tiny streak of fantasy- like cashmere. But in the end, I am a bit to cheap to buy retail- and go wholesale (like knit picks brand).

2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
I tend towards muted colors. Like mauve or teal, not really bold but lots of color.

3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
Yeah, I have done cute ties with patterns wool. But I guess I am too much of a control freak, and I rather be the one making the decisions on when color should change.

4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
I definitely go towards natural fibers too. I adore alpaca in any form. Its soft and warm- what's better?

5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
I take my swift (thanks, sis) and ball winder everywhere. So as long as its good yarn- I don't care.

6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
I have tried some. I think bamboo is really great! And I'm always up for trying any material to crochet with.

7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
I have probably made over 25 projects. But that's no surprised, I'm obsessed. I have made a lot of sweaters lately. Still on the hunt for one I keep instead of giving away.

8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Of course. I have 16 nieces and nephews. So I always have a baby to crochet for.

9. What is your favorite one skein project?
Baby gifts tend to be the best for one skein. They are quick and cute, and usually give so much joy to me the gift- giver. But purses, do tend to rack up pretty high too. But I'm also kinda a purse nut.

10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
I have so much yarn, I really don't want to disclose just how much. I store it in hanging canvas shoe rack that hangs from a bar in my craft room. That way I can see it all when I walk by.

11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
Nope, If i love it, i use it.

12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
I tend to do little projects in the summer. So either granny squares, or accessories.

So if my secret pal finds me, here's a bit more info on your yarn supplier ; )

No comments: