Beehner Tunisian Hat
Adorable pops of color freckle this hat by using Tunisian Reverse Stitches. Work hat in the round with 2 Tunisian Crochet hooks for minimal ends to weave in. Pattern includes directions for both ponytail and standard hats. Video tutorials assist in the foundation, stitch pattern, decreases, and bind off. Stitch diagrams of stitch pattern and crown shaping included for each size.
Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash (CYCA #4), 100% Superwash Merino; 220 yds/ 100g:
A: Graphite Effects, 70 (75, 85, 90) yds
30 (35, 40, 45) yds each
Red Heart Chic Sheep, Red Heart Soft Yarn, Cascade Pacific
See pattern for specific amounts of yarn for other versions shown.
(2) L/11 (8.0 mm) Tunisian hook with 12” cord
J/10 (6.0mm) hk or hk needed to obtain gauge
sl st Slip Stitch
sc Single Crochet
TKS Tunisian Knit Stitch
TPS Tunisian Purl Stitch
TRS Tunisian Reverse Stitch
12 sts x 13 rows= 4” x 4” in stitch pattern
Hat is sized for Toddler, Child, Adult S/M, and Adult L/ XL with 16.25”, 17.75”, 20.25”, 21.75” in circumference
1. Hat is worked in the round with 2 Tunisian hooks. Hat can be worked flat with one hook and seamed at the back. If doing so add 1 extra stitch at foundation and TSS in it at the end of each forward pass.
2. Also, if working the hat flat consider working 3 yarns for a marbled look; instead of the main color in the forward pass and contrasting colors in the return pass. Much less ends to weave in, see video tutorial on stitch pattern in pattern.
3. Foundation row is foundation slip stitches, chains can be substituted but will create a tighter brim that might curl or need blocked when finished.
4. Hat can be worked in any number of colors. Pattern written with the main color (A) on forward pass, and contrasting colors (B, C, or D) on return pass.
5. All hats shown are in Adult S/M.
$4, PDF Download
Fine Print: To use the PDF, you will need appropriate software such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. By purchasing this pattern, you are granted a limited license to download the pdf file to a single personal computer and to print out a hard copy of the pattern, solely for personal non-commercial use.