12.12.2014

Last Minute Holiday Gifts

If you are anything like me, you are still sorting out your holiday list.   I know I always have the hardest time with the crafty people in my life.  I always want to get them something great that says "I love that you are crafty" without just giving them a gift card to Micheals.  (b/c as a crafty person who is also very absent minded,  I still have gift cards from years ago that I forget to use.)

If it helps, below are a few ideas of what I will be giving this year that are not just yarn and hooks, which every crocheter always loves.



1.  bags- you can never ever have too many project bags.


I love Yarn Pop's Clutch, it is perfect to break out while visiting and easy to toss on your shoulder when the toddler is on the go.



I also love Wren and Rita's new crochet case.  You can request one from her at her etsy shop.  They are very handy when all your hooks are in a jumble at the bottom of your bag (ask me how I know!)









2.  crochet kits- sometimes it is nice when others do the thinking for you.  honestly, I love kits everything you need is in one place



Fresh Stitches has the best toy kits.  Stacy has just the most adorable projects.



Amelia and Wiggles has kits for my Crochet By Faye Patterns.  Their yarn is just wonderful to work with and now you can get it online.










3.  hand care- especially in winter crocheters hands get really dry




I love Bar Lotions.  They go so easy in the diaper bag or yarn bag.  The are not greasy and do not leave a residue on the yarn.





Soak has amazing products, we know that.  They also have fantastic gifts.  One of my favorites are their nail polish.  It makes a great stocking stuffer.



Have you tried Jamberry Nails yet?  They are very clever and make a huge impact.  The brilliant Kristin Omdahl is a rep for them, and I would follow her to the end of the lane on her recommendations.  Check them out and ask Kristin, they are very cool.




4.  classes- there are always new things to learn, and I know I want to learn more all the time.


There is just something so fantastic about going in person and taking a class.  Whenever I can, I try to treat myself to one.  In 2015, there are two great festivals I will be going to... YarnFest in Loveland, CO and Knit and Crochet in Pittsburgh, PA.  I hope to see you there!


Can't get away?  Online classes.  I LOVE mine.  I go back all the time and re-watch the videos.  Annie's has wonderful selection of crochet classes and Craft Daily has a great number of quick classes.


Hope you all have a wonderful and cheery holiday season!

No comments: