4.12.2013

Vogue Knitting's Crochet 2013 Issue Sneak Peek

Look what showed up in my inbox yesterday....

Vogue Knitting Crochet 2013,
photo by Rose Callahan
These two are my projects in the news Vogue Knitting's Crochet Issue.  The latest issue hits newsstands May 7th.  As always, I am flattered that they included me in the issue.  I find these issues from Vogue as candy for the eyes.   They take crochet and twist it into new styles that I have not seen before.  And why do I know this?  Well, yes again they asked me to do a little graphic design and editing so I got to glimpse a few of the projects already.  As before, they do not disappoint in their creativity from all the designers.  Below is a bit more info on my specific projects in the issue.  I can tell you both include stitch diagrams for their patterns that really break down that jumble of instructions.  You can see a few more previews at their facebook page too.

Bruges Beach Bag
Takes traditional bruges (or Belgium  lace and twists them into spiral motifs that are connected together with simple chains and slip stitches.  I know the motifs look super challenging, but in all honesty they are just double crochet and chains. The bag is made from Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock (2 hanks of #1312 cummerbund).  I lined my bag with burlap to make it extra sturdy and that you can really use it this summer.  

Arcade Lace Cardi
Arcade Lace Cardi, by Robyn Chachula
pic before sending  in to Vogue Knitting
Vogue Knitting Crochet 2013,
photo by Rose Callahan

This cardigan is made with fingering weight yarn and a tiny hook so that the fabric is so light it feels like you are wearing nothing.  The stitch pattern for the main body are simple stitches with one drop stitch which creates a subtle gentle texture.  The center lace panels are classic shells.   You can see the fit on their model over her dress or on my mannequin before we sent it in.  I won't lie, this was not Rebecca's favorite project to team up with me on.  We both agree that the finished cardigan is beautiful, but it definitely takes time to do.  This one is not for someone like me who likes instant gratification.  This is for the crocheter that will take the time to make it and then have it for years to come to wear.  The yarn is Zealana Kiwi Laceweight  7 (8, 9, 10, 11, 12) skeins in #05 rococo; 1 skein in #04 track.  It is sized for a close fit bust measurement 31 (33.75, 36.5, 39, 44.5, 49.75)” in XS, S, M, L, XL, 2X.

Can't wait to see all the rest in the issue come May!

1 comment:

Voie de Vie said...

Vogue had your Arcade Top as part of their fashion show last weekend at VKLive in Bellevue, along with about a dozen other patterns from the upcoming crochet edition. Each project looked better than the one before (and Eileen Fisher provided clothes for the fashion show stylist that I loved so much better than the mag's styling, from what I've seen so far). I cannot, cannot, cannot wait to pick up this edition!