12.12.2011

Simply Crochet's Countdown to Fun: Nedburt Puppets

Nedburt Puppets came from playing with my daughter. She was 14mths and still found anything funny if you played with them with a funny voice. These simple toys work great for being silly.


With 3 skeins you can make at least 6 puppets. So if you have half a skein and some scraps you can make one, nothing better then using up that stash right? Which is what Simply Crochet is all about! These would have been perfect for the baby shower I was at over the weekend. The mom is having twins and doesn't know if they are boys or girls or both. Since 2 afghans would have taken me forever, toys would have been perfect. (slapping my head for forgetting about these puppets)


The puppets use dc and sc rounds so that you don't have to spend forever crocheting round after round of sc. The dc get you further along faster and add just a touch of a pattern. The eyes and ears have nothing more then leftovers stuffed in them so you don't have to run around to find stuffing. If your baby is a chewer, you can always swap out the button eyes for some embroidery.

I will say that my daughter loved these guys. Like our little model in the book, she like to put them on as much as me. I hope you enjoy!


5 comments:

Grateful4Crochet said...

These are adorable!!!!!!!!

Angelfire212 said...

I am so excited about this book! I can't wait to get a copy!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome! My granddaughter would love these...

Anonymous said...

Love these! They would be great for birthday presents! I can't wait to get this book!

petjesofie said...

These puppets are adorable. How and whare can I get a pattern of these? Il live in the Netherlands and it should be wonderful a pattern to become bij mail en i like tot pay, but that's maybe not possible or do you have an idea?
I read thats there is a book. Can I order that maybe?
Thanks for reading and I wait for an answer.

With greetings
Marjet

Marjetgeurts@gmail.com