4.12.2011

What I did on my spring break...

WOW! What a whirlwind. I was joking with the ladies at DFW Fiber Fest that I should have flown through Detroit and Durham (instead of Chicago) so I could have said I was touring all the great D cities. Denver, Dallas, .... All week I was constantly saying I was in the wrong huge city.


While in Colorado, I went to Mecca (AKA Interweave Offices). I got to see where all the magic happens behind my books and the magazines. It was great to finally meet so many people in person that we only know each other online. It was really cool. The town of Loveland has an artistic vibe going so I can see how everyone can be so creative. While there, I taped some DVDs for Interweave and Crochet Me. They will be available this summer. It was the first time for me to be alone taping, usually I have someone else I am talking to so I can block out everything else going on. The entire video crew made me feel at home immediately so all those nerves just went away. It also helped that I talked to these cuties the entire time:

Puppies I talk to....<span class=></a></div><div><br></div><div>Yes, those are two puppies I taught how to crochet stuff all week. </div><div>  <div><br></div><div><a href=Me on set

Here are my two sets. They pretty much tell exactly what I taught, but I will wait to talk about content until the promos are out. Yes, I said promos. Weird. I am so dyslexic it was QUITE the challenge to say the promo script clearly. I just ended up memorizing it in the end. So much easier.

on set today

I really can't wait to tell you more, so crazy that this summer they will be out. That's just a few weeks away!

Crazier that I flew directly from this to teaching in Dallas. Amazingly teaching totally different stuff too. I basically taught 6 different classes in 3 days.

DWF Fiber Fest was fantastic. The crocheters in TX were so excellent that we flew through my classes. I was so happy to be with them and I think they liked me too. Or at least I didn't bore them too much. They then treated us to a yummy dinner on Saturday night, what could be nicer? I, of course, totally forgot to take pictures- oops! Speaking of classes, I will be teaching at the June TNNA show too if you are a yarn store employee and want to come join me Sunday or Monday morning.

I will say that my mind is starting to totally erase last week since I was picked up yesterday at the airport and driven directly to CJ's pediatrician. Of course she is super sick again, so I am in full mom mode making sure she is getting better. Hopefully my brain will come back and I will have more tidbits for you soon!

3 comments:

PoetessWug said...

How exciting for you...except your sick CJ I mean. I'm a new follower of sorts so I'm not aware of the full story here...Gotta read up I guess. Time...gotta find time! LOL

Z said...

Sounds like alot of fun. Even the work seemed kind of fun.

Ronda said...

As one of your students at DFW Fiber Fest, I can confirm, yes, we did in fact love you! LOL