11.24.2010

Countdown to Baby Blueprint: Rosa Car Coat

My grandmother on my dad's side was the crocheter of the family. She made every baby a granny square blanket with very thin yarn and tiny hooks. She had the most beautiful stitches. Granted sometime the colors were neon, but still I loved them.

Naturally, I wanted a granny project that was a bit of a homage to her. This coat has a granny collar and cuffs The rest is crocheted in one piece from back around the arms to the front for simple construction. My cousin, Rebecca, crocheted this for me mere days before she gave birth to her little girl. And it was the last thing she crocheted for me (or so I thought) for a year. Our girls are only a few weeks apart in age, and now that we live in the same city are good playmates. While I still really didn't have my crocheting act together for months and months and I thought it was the same for her. Little did I know she was working on these for CJ. Incredible right?

Anyway, I mention Rebecca and our grandmother; because besides naming this after her we (along with my sister and other cousin) named our girls Rose for their middle name. I love that all the girl cousins have this connection to our crafty grandmother.

Yarn is Naturally Caron Spa, one of my new favorites to crochet.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

As I read this, I was thinking that if Grandma was still alive, she would have learned to use the internet.... just to show off this blog post to other people at the senior center.... and she would probably have crochet for you too, just like Rebecca. What a nice thanksgiving post. I'm so thankful for our family.

Richard Rose said...

I'm beginning to think that I should buy this book. I'm sure there a plenty of people over here that would like some of those designs.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful tribute to Rose. She delighted in all of her grandchildren!