11.17.2010

Countdown to Baby Blueprint: Leah Pullover

Then along comes Leah...

This pullover started the whole book for me. While sketching for the book, I started with a top that I would want to wear and the rest literally came tumbling out. I went from girls clothes to toys to things baby needs all very naturally. I think it only took me a day or two to come up with all the projects, and maybe another day to make it into a proposal with all the yarn and colors and ideas all laid out. Just that fast.

This top felt that way when I designed and crocheted it as well. It is a top down pullover, which are great to crochet but still a bit hard for me to have one of my crocheters make. I seem to still need to design, crochet, rip, design, crochet, rip until it is just the way I want it. Not sure why these still evade me, but they do so I do all the top down work myself. Which was quite nice, since this yarn is Naturally Caron Country, which is lovely to crochet.

The closure is on the raglan seam. The buttons are actually snaps so you can button it up on the run, if your babe is anything like mine. I can't wait to get this one back; I am thinking that late this winter or early spring CJ will be able to wear it and I am so excited!

2 comments:

Walden said...

I love the look of this!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how you attached the snaps to this crocheted piece. Hoping the book comes out before Christmas because I'm working on crocheted fingerless mitts for two of my dds and want to use snaps for the closures. I'm going for the pounded-in variety. I see from the picture you are using grosgrain ribbon. I plan to do the same and would love to see how you got this to work.....