10.29.2010

Beatrice Scarf

Beatrice Scarf

In the last few posts, I have talked a bit about how in love I am with short rows in crochet. I didn't mention that there is one other technique that is inspiring me lately. It's partial motifs that you crochet one at a time but join to the last one (sort of like entrelac). The finished piece does not look like motifs at all but a continuous row of crocheting. I find it to be really cool.

The finished piece is a strip, so it can easily make neat scarves (like Beatrice) or bracelets. What I am working on is how to join them to make tops and skirts. I really think their is something cool to be done in there.

I should also mention that this scarf was also inspired by listening to a ton of Beatrix Potter stories. I can so see her wearing a scarf like this if she was a crocheter.

9 comments:

yulianknits said...

This is one of the patterns I absolutely love in that issue. Great job!

A Lovely Thing said...

Gorgeous, Robyn!

Gillian said...

This is such a Gorgeous Scarf and pattern :)

crazymotheringchick said...

Robin, this scarf is just so beautiful. I am currently working on one done in Vanna's Glamour. I can't wait to get it done and see it all finished. I imagine myself wearing it all over town.

Fakharuddin40 said...

Adorable and Gorgeous! Thanks for the nice share. I love it. Keep posting nice and good work.

Gifts to Pakistan

Krishana said...

This scarf is beautiful! The cheery, butter yellow was a fantastic choice for it!

Krishana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
weddingca said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

jhon paul said...

Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge. The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time.

gift to Pakistan