My good friend, Brett Bara (host of Knit and Crochet Now!) and Lands' End teamed up to help Warm UP America make thousands of squares (that will be stitched into blankets); and they need your help! Lands' End is giving away their yarn (yes, and I mean FREE) to groups who can donate their time to knit or crochet 7x9 in blocks. Here's how you can help:
1. Check out Lands' End Feel Good Website to find out how to get your group the FREE yarn from Warm UP America.
2. Check out Brett's blog for videos of crochet and knit tips that you can use to make or teach a friend to help make blocks.
3. Stop over at Knit and Crochet Now for block ideas (Brett demo's one a week on the show, you know.)
4. Help spread the word by blogging or tweeting about the campaign.
5. Check out CBS early show tomorrow to see Brett and a group of knit and crocheters getting the word out. (If you are in the NY area, you can join them on the show! See below for details.
It is a great cause, and what could be better then playing with free yarn? Good Luck, Brett! I'll be cheering you on from PA!
DETAILS ON THE CBS EVENT
Knitters and crocheters are still welcome to come and be part of the event! You'll need to be there from 7-9am on September 29th (we suggest arriving early, around 6:00am), at the plaza of the General Motors Building at 59th Street and 5th Avenue in NYC. After the taping ends at 9am we're invited for a private tour of the Early Show studio. We'll provide you with FeelGood yarn at the event and we will all work on making knit or crochet blanket squares during the taping. Just RSVP to let us know if you can attend - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how many will be in your group.