1.12.2009

Charity Luncheon at Knit and Crochet Festival

There is a new activity at the Knit and Crochet Festival in Pittsburgh this year, that I wanted to tell you all about. (I forget if I told you that I will be teaching there in February again, but I will.)

Three Rivers Crochet are hosting a charity luncheon to raise money for two great organizations.

All luncheon proceeds will be benefiting Rwanda Knits and the Pittsburgh Women’s Shelter. The luncheon is being held on Saturday, February 14th, 11:30a – 1:30p, cost is 30$. (Note: One not need attend the festival to attend the luncheon, but registration in advance with the festival registration form are necessary.)

It is a sit-down meal, hence the pre-registration, of Pecan Crusted Salmon, Chicken Asiago, Roast Top Sirloin of Beef, or Broccoli Cheddar Quiche. They are planning a people’s impromptu fashion show where you fill out the card detailing the item you’re wearing, present it to the MC (ME !), and walk across the stage. There will be other items in the fashion show as well like a bunch of the projects from Blueprint Crochet and the Crochet By Faye Line, so you won't be the only one at all! And they will have door prizes and baskets to win via raffle ticket with yarn, knitting machine, hooks/needles, books, etc., totaling over $1000!! (Wowzers!) All from Caron, Southwest Trading Company, and Dark Horse Yarns, as well as other local places. Plus, its a really nice break in the day. You can take a class in the morning, head to the luncheon, take a class in the afternoon, and still have lots of time to shop!

Three Rivers Crochet are an awesome group of crochet and knitters, so if you are in the area, I recommend you drop by and hang out with them. They have all been incredibly welcoming to me every time I visit. I am really cheering them on, and hoping they have a great turn out, since they are some of the nicest people you will meet. Please pass this post along to anyone you think would be interested. Hope to see you all there!


2 comments:

Way Out Wear said...

Wow - that sounds so great! Not only the attention that Knitting and Crochet is getting but also the benefits for the charities.

I wish I could get to Pittsburgh easier.

Unknown said...

Wow, I really wish Pittsburgh was less than a whole days drive away. Maybe I could convince my mom to let me go to the show, and then visit my friends in palmerton!