11.20.2008

Book Review: Knits for Bears to Wear


Knits for Bears to Wear
by Amy O'Neill Houck


Adorable! This book is simply adorable. Amy's projects really give you a vision of her creativity that shines through the book. The book has about 20 patterns written for teddy bears. So you can make little sweaters or pjs or mermaid costumes for your little one's favorite pal. The projects are little so they are a great starting point to learn new techniques; which is great for on-again-off-again knitters like me. There are projects which feature top-down knitting, lace knitting, intarsia, shaping and more. But my favorite feature, is the little side tips which tell you how to custom fit a project to a larger bear or for your little one. How cute would that be? Matching outfits for your little guys and his bear.

Favorite Projects:

Ribs and Lace Cardi - A great project to try your hand at top-down knitting and lace.




Magician Hat- So cute! I see future Halloween costumes.






Chef's Hat- Fantastic for all those future bakers and cooks out there.

GIVEAWAY! From now until Thanksgiving night (Nov 27th) at midnight (EST), I will be taking entries to win yourself a copy of the book. Just drop a note here in the comments or email me (see sidebar). Please be sure to include your email address so I can get in contact with you if you win. I'll randomly select one winner on Friday (the 28th) and announce a winner on Monday (Dec 1st) here on the blog. Good Luck!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOH! I've been badly wanting a copy of this book since I read about it on the web. Sign me up!

caednkat said...

Oh I want this book so bad. I was planning to get it with Christmas money, but this way I would be able to have it earlier. My daughter loves American Girl dolls and these patterns would be great for them.

Melody said...

These look like fun projects. I would love to try it.
melodyj(at)gmail(dot)com

Knit - R - Done said...

Such great ideas. I hear she's doing a crochet version next.

alexcateye@msn.com

Unknown said...

I'm a sucker for a good book....

Carmen said...

oh they look so cutr,i like the magician bear, look lovely.

AndreaLea said...

Ah! I love the little chef bear!

kimt said...

Thanks Robyn! Can't wait for you to come back to Houston!
(mannykim at prodigy dot NET)

minimomes1 said...

The clothes look great (and so do the bears)!