3.18.2008

Sneak Preview Weekly



Sneak Preview Weekly





Issue #7: Floating Grannies





This week I am highlighting a lovely project that will appear in a knitting magazine this fall. Its about as far from knitting as you can get being that its is constructed from granny squares*, but I think it will blend in nicely with the issue. I also hope that it will showcase crochet the way I see it, as just another way to craft stylish garments. Its made from a lovely cashmere that has a very mild tonal change. It basically blends from milk chocolate to dark chocolate and back again. The style I think we will see a lot of this fall, which is very organic and all about movement. This project comes alive when its being worn, its floating nature makes you want to play while you are wearing it. This project I actually started crocheting for myself to wear to TNNA in January, but with all of my deadlines at the time I never got around to finishing it for myself. And when the wonderful editor asked for a proposal for me, I just couldn't not include the project. I knew I loved it, and I was worried that without a big push I would never get to show it off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry it has been a week and I have been so absent. That cold from last week stayed with me, and on top of it we found out that Mr CBF broke his ankle while we were on vacation (not just the sprain that we thought it was.) So between healing us both, there just was not a whole lot else going on around here. Still spring is upon us now, and its that time to start fresh again. For me that means, swatching (yay!) and doing taxes (yuck!). But I am ignoring ugh in paperwork and rewarding myself each step of the way with swatching. Who doesn't love that? I will be spending a lot of time working on proposals this month for winter magazine issues. I really look forward to it as a time to rev up my creative engines again. I really only have a month, because April is bringing me a bunch of traveling so I am trying to jump ahead while I can. In the meantime, I am hoping to start a new series on a new project that I am working on. Its been a while since I have been able to blog openly about a project (a year actually) and I am just itching to do so. So stay tuned. I have a lot of fun things to show you this spring! Till then- happy crafting.

No comments: