12.27.2007

Flexible Resolution

New Year's Resolution 1: Learn to be flexible.

Our holiday tour has surprisingly gotten extended. When pulling into my parents driveway after our 10 hour drive, our car decided to call it quits. So in a surprising turn of events, we are stranded for who knows how long (pray not long) and (wait for it............................................................................................................................................................................................)
I have finished all my car projects! AHH! What is a crocheter to do? One day soon (hopefully- you're praying right?) we will have a 10 hour car ride home, and I have no yarn and no projects. At home I have a dozen projects and yarn waiting. Here- nothing.
So my New Years Resolution this year, Learn to be flexible. Good one for me. I am driven by schedules. I am not a fly by the seat of her pants type of gal at all. But in times like these, I need to know how to be flexible.
So my mission in the next few days....
YARN CRAWL
Not a bad situation, after all. I'm trying this flexible thing out- and hey it could be a lot of fun. I'll let you know if I stop by any great crochet stores. Any suggestions for the Allentown, PA area?
Hope all your holidays were fantastic!
(other then Santa bringing us a new transmission- our holidays were great.)
edited to add: As it turned out, I didn't get to stop at and LYS in Allentown; but I did get to stop at a few in Pittsburgh. If you are looking for a shop with a great selection of yarn, books, and hooks- check out Bloomin Yarns in McMurray, PA. I highly recommend them. She has the yarn that I would stock if I owned a yarn store.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I ran out of yarn 10 miles from home.. my dh said "oh no, you'll have to talk to me!" An unexpected yarn crawl is a great plan! Have fun!