Since its right before a holiday weekend, and I can't concentrate on anything but that beautiful sun out there. I thought I would join in on the 7 Random Things about me everyone is doing.
1. I met my husband while riding on the bus. We were both going to the same class, and I thought I might as well say hi, since we both have the exact same commute. We became friends instantly. We didn't start dating until a year and a half later.
2. I only learned how to crochet about 5 and a half years ago. I taught myself how to knit from a book a few months before I learned how to crochet. I couldn't understand crochet books, so I made by mom teach me the chain and single crochet stitch. She had not crocheted in 20 years when I asked her to teach me. I really went nuts about a month later, when I helped take care of my newborn niece. She has the very first thing I ever crocheted- lumpy and all on her bed still.
3. My sister and I are spooky alike; but we have 2 different moms. That's why its so weird. When we were younger, we would order the exact same meal at a restaurant and not even know it. We will be hooked on the same bizarre tv show or movie or book or food. She also met her husband in an odd way- standing in line to get ice cream.
4. I have 7 brothers and sisters. 16 (soon 17) nieces and nephews. We speak 7 languages between us. We celebrate 6 different religions and a ton more ethnicities. We all adore each other, and each one of us is crafty in our own way. One can quilt, one can paint, one comes up with brilliant ideas and on and on.
5. I am hopelessly allergic to mushrooms, you can't even use the same pan without me getting sick. I only developed it 3 years ago. Up until then I would eat mushrooms every day. Not a meal goes by that I don't miss them. I'm not a vegetarian. But I mainly only eat veggies. I love them, so losing one was super sad. My new favorite is zucchini. I'll sneak it into any meal I am making.
6. I "met" my oldest friend when we were 2. She and I were in the same day-care. I didn't speak up until I met her. They say that she would smack me and say "talk, talk". Up until then I only grunted when I wanted something. Not speaking was super odd, since both my parents are lawyers and are very talkative.
7. I am not scared of much, but I am terrified of birds inside. Outside, no. Inside yes. We grew up where a lot of robins or bats would get into the house. And for some reason, they would always die in my room or peg me in the head. Ugh. I don't even like talking about it.
And that's 7 random things about me. How about you? What's 7 random things about yourself? I'm a nosy body, I'd love to hear them!