11.29.2006

A couple cool craft bits...

There has been a lot of neat crafty bits in the last two days. Here are two that struck a cord with me.

"Wong Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest": A performance piece that explores the high rates of mental illness and suicide among Asian Pacific Islander Women. The artist unwinds WIP that represent the unravelling women during the show. She is collecting any knitting and crochet works in progress that you don't mind becoming part of the piece. All the info is on Craft. This piece really touches me on a personal level in terms of the subject matter, plus what an easy way of "using" the WIP's I really don't like!

NPR's Craft Holiday Contest: NPR is asking you to create your own holiday decorations (sounds like only Hanukkah or Christmas) and post a picture on Flickr. Here is more information from Not Martha. The thought of making a crocheted menorah and then being mentioned on NPR is cracking me up. I just may have to cozy one of my ugly ones. Too Fun.

No comments: